Today was the Rehab Department’s Christmas Party. And there was one amazing thing there that I really really loved. It was the Baked Pineapple Casserole. And here’s how you do it.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 5 slices of white bread torn
- 20 oz crushed pineapple juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a medium-sized casserole dish.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Creaming means mixing the butter and sugar thoroughly that there’s no butter streaks present in the mixture. I like doing this by hand (mainly cos I don’t have a mixer) Beat in eggs one at a time. Add bread and crushed pineapple into the mixture. Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbly and lightly browned, about 60 minutes.